A new supply of materials was picked up today. This time it was 2 × 4 for the uprights in the sound walls that were purchased. Haven't done much else so far this week since I started work yesterday, after 2 months of paperwork. First thought of getting all the uprights sawn finished inside the Construction. But there was too busy and a long queue to use the building saw. The 2 × 4 studwork has been retrieved. →
The sound floor was finished this weekend. So the first step on the way to finished home cinema is in the box. The floor should not be done with now until wall to wall carpet comes. That is, of course, a stage must be made that is sand-filled for the speakers in front. And then elevation to the back row of chairs. But all this comes within the soundproofing. The sound floor in the home theater is finished. →
Now there is a layer of MDF boards to be laid before the sound floor is finished. Of course, the local Byggeriet did not have more than 4 plates in stock, so has not come more than halfway on that job. Have a little hope that the rest will come tomorrow, but things can quickly take time here in the west country, it seems. Have now added the ones I had and cleared the remaining half so that it is ready for the rest of the mdf plating. MDF boards on the sound floor. →
Sonos has arrived at the house and tested a bit the last day. Have been on a weekend visit to mom and dad, so the weekend has been spent on good food and drink, instead of tinkering with Sonos. But I have had to test so much that I have got a good first impression of what Sonos can deliver.
In the living room are 2 B&W 603 powered by a stereo amplifier from Pioneer A6 and a Connect from Sonos.
Two buckets of Greenglue with a custom spray gun come tomorrow according to the tracking to Bring. Have had some objections when it comes to Greenglue and what effect one gets from the drug. But have come to the conclusion that it can not hurt to use it either. Just slimmed down my wallet a little extra, plus one more step with work that needs to be done. Has now soon added all the chipboard to the floor. And then I can mount a layer of 19mm MDF boards with Greenglue in between on these again. Have ordered enough for all surfaces in the room to be treated with Greenglue. Greenglue is soon in the house. →
Has gradually started to install chipboard floors in the home theater. First had thoughts of assembling them in bandages as one should do. That is, you start with the next break with plates so that the end joints are at least 60cm offset in relation to the first break, etc. But found that it took a lot more work to do it that way. Firstly, there will be a lot more sawing, and then I have to clean out almost everything from the home theater to make room to finish building the floor. Installation of chipboard floor in home cinema. →
So today I have taken a break from the cardboard folder for a little over an hour to saw my countercuts to all the Auralex bricks. Had to go to work to borrow a building saw. Installation of floating floors. →
Has gradually begun to install the floating floor on Auralex U-Boat Floor Floaters in the home theater. After some measurement and reflection, I have arrived at the distance on the bricks that I want in the room. Something to take into account is that along the edges of the floor, the Auralex bricks must be closer together in order to be able to absorb the weight of the interior walls and the roof that will rest on them again. Installation of Auralex U-Boat Floor Floaters →